Why Plants need S-Chelate Micronutrients
Plant Nutrient Deficiency Symptoms
- Symptoms: New leaves are distorted or hook shaped. The growing tip may die. Contributes to blossom end rot in tomatoes, tip burn of cabbage and brown/black heart of escarole & celery.
- Symptoms: Older leaves, generally at the bottom of the plant, will yellow. Remaining foliage is often light green. Stems may also yellow and may become spindly. Growth slows.
- Symptoms: Slow growth and leaves turn pale yellow, sometimes just on the outer edges. New growth may be yellow with dark spots.
- Symptoms: Small leaves that may take on a reddish-purple tint. Leaf tips can look burnt and older leaves become almost black. Reduced fruit or seed production.
- Symptoms: Older leaves may look scorched around the edges and/or wilted. Interveinal chlorosis (yellowing between the leaf veins) develops.
- Symptoms: New growth turns pale yellow, older growth stays green. Stunts growth.
- Symptoms: Poor stem and root growth. Terminal (end) buds may die. Witches brooms sometimes form.
- Symptoms: Stunted growth. Leaves can become limp, curl, or drop. Seed stalks also become limp and bend over.
- Symptoms: Growth slows. Younger leaves turn pale yellow, often starting between veins. May develop dark or dead spots. Leaves, shoots and fruit diminished in size. Failure to bloom.
- Symptoms: Older leaves yellow, remaining foliage turns light green. Leaves can become narrow and distorted.
- Symptoms: Yellowing between veins of new growth. Terminal (end) leaves may form a rosette.
In conclusion, the final important point is that plants need all of the nutrients to flourish. If there is a deficiency in any single nutrient, the plant will suffer.
This principle is summed up in Liebig’s law of the minimum theory whereby plant growth is limited by the most deficient nutrient.
This is why we have formulated S-Chelate 12 Star as a complete feed with all 12 Macro and Micronutrients.
The S-Chelate-O Cultiv-8 has 8 of the vital micronutrients to complement Organic composts which provide organic sources of the 4 macronutrients.
Now see how S-Chelate micronutrients are the best way to correct these deficiencies
Soil Association Approvals for S-Chelate-O products Use in Organic Growing
We are proud to announce that we have achieved Soil Association approval for the use of our S-Chelate-O products in Organic Growing.
We believe this is the ultimate confirmation of their biological friendliness and great recognition that they are in tune with the natural soil environment.
The S-Chelate-O Cultiv-8 micronutrient ratio and combination was used in the trial as an integral part of the S-Chelate 12 Star formulation.
All of our single element S-Chelate-O products along with the S-Chelate-O-7 element system, S-Chelate-O M2 and S-Chelate-O IPM Assist are Soil Association approved for use in Organic growing and we recommend them for use in combination with your organic composts or to revive established plants like fruit trees.
- S-Chelate-O Cultiv-8
- S-Chelate-O B
- S-Chelate-O Cu
- S-Chelate-O Fe
- S-Chelate-O Mg
- S-Chelate-O Mn
- S-Chelate-O M2
- S-Chelate-O Zn
- FOR ORGANIC GROWING
Remarkable Difference Shown In Our Laboratory Tests
Watch Our Video Below: 'Chemistry, Not Mystery'
What is S-Chelate?
Small quantities of various minerals have long been recognised as essential to the healthy growth of plants and the S-Chelate process has been developed to deliver the micronutrients that each plant requires with the optimum level of chelation.
Our chelating agent is produced through a biological fermentation process instead of a synthetic chemical process and is less bioaccumulative than other chelated systems.
The wide pH range and ability to absorb high levels of alkali shown in our titration test indicate high tolerance to soil and growing media pH extremes and hotspots and broad ranging bioavailability.
Many plants have benefited from one or other of our S-Chelate products. From Courgettes to Orchids, potatoes to figs our bio friendly products deliver the right nutrients across all types of soil. Moreover the recent trial growing Avocados from stones, comparing the S-Chelate-O 12* against two well-known competitor plant growth products, has confirmed the benefits of our chelation technology. Please click here to see the effect of using our S-Chelate products.
Who Benefits From S-Chelate?
The S-Chelate technology provides benefits across the board from the Agronomist who needs a special agent to rectify the deficiencies in the soil available to grow the chosen product to the home gardener wishing to improve the look of their indoor plants.